Prison SMART: Stress Management And Rehabilitation Training
Prison S.M.A.R.T is an internationally renowned rehabilitation program that effectively transforms the mindsets, attitudes and behavior of offenders, thus aiming to break the cycle of violence in our societies at the root, and reducing reoffending.
Since its inception in 1992, over 700,000 persons in 60 countries have undergone the Prison SMART Program. In the United States alone over 20,000 inmates, correctional officers and law enforcement staff have experienced the program.
The Prison SMART Program teaches all levels of inmates and corrections staff evidence-based techniques that reduces stress and allows the participants to manage their emotions effectively. The Prison S.M.A.R.T. program offers tools for for staff wellness, and true inmate rehabilitation.
- Normalized Sleep Patterns
- Reduced depression & anxiety
- Increased confidence & self esteem
- Increased energy & clarity of mind
- Increased resilience to daily stressors of life
- Decreased interpersonal conflict
- Freedom from traumatic scars of the past
- Greater positive outlook on the future
Prison SMART program at Cook County Jail featured on WTTW Chicago
About Prison S.M.A.R.T
Prison S.M.A.R.T is a program of the International Association For Human Values (IAHV) IAHV is a 501(c)3 non-profit that hold special consultative
status with the UNited Nations Economics and Social Council